The Senior Transportation Specialist will develop and implement the new approved procurement plan for the transportation activities (Overseas Transport / Shipping) of our partner.
The person in this position will be responsible for following tasks:
- Lead cross-functional teams with focus on early involvement of business & functional stakeholders
- Responsible for strategic sourcing (SSM) for transportation with focus on TCO optimization
- Conclude framework agreements
- Accountable for the implementation, communication & optimization of framework agreements
- Perform high value / critical spot buys (based on thresholds)
- Track value for the transportation & logistic activities
- Develop and sustain supplier relationship with key suppliers in order to realize TCO optimization
- Follow up reporting and key metrics
- Responsible for the Purchasing channel strategy and Supplier segment strategy
- Implement customer satisfaction improvement actions
- Manage framework agreement optimization actions
- Supplier performance improvement actions
- You will report to the Director of the Center of Excellence
- You have a master degree, an additional degree in Logistics, Customs, Forwarding is a plus;
- You are fluent in at least 2 of the 3 following languages: Dutch, French and English;
- A solid experience in the forwarding/logistic business is required, possibly as client;
- You have a passion for logistics and have a real interest in the construction industry;
- You’re familiar with all different modes of international (intercontinental) transport and have good knowledge how to deal with it and to combine them in different ways taking into consideration the tasks and responsibilities of each party concerned;
- You have good understanding of international business: purchase contracts, Incoterms, shipping terms, letters of credit, bank guarantees, custom issues…;
- You’re creative, but at the same time, you will create a structure in order to deal with your numerous files with in a disciplined and constructive way;
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or clients that have resulted in high client satisfaction.
- You are competent in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Hands-on mentality combined with a solution-orientated work style and developed analytical skills.