The Supply Chain & Logistics Specialist will be responsible for assisting the Manager, Supply Chain & Logistics, the Director, Operations and other Supply and Logistics team members in the analysis, planning and execution of commercial activities including business plans, identification and analysis of potential commercial agreements with service providers. He/she will also be responsible for analyzing and coordinating costs saving opportunities, ensuring adequate reporting both regionally and globally. He/she will work closely with the sales team to assist with analysis of new customer opportunities and maximizing netbacks from current customers. He/she will work with Responsible Care team to progress health, safety, and environmental initiatives with customers and service providers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate contract execution, coordinating supply plans with customers/terminals, executing and organizing supply documentation (nominations, customs forms, invoicing)
- Maintain close contact and develop relationship with customers, sales agents and suppliers.
- Manage operational tasks for order delivery, release and invoicing.
- Monitor and control the daily stocks at the EU Terminals to ensure timely replenishments.
- Manage emergency planning of vessels and liaise closely with internal and external parties, including any documentary requirements (such as insurance claims).
- Assist Director, Operations in defining logistics strategies: analyze and recommend logistics alternatives to create competitive advantage and improve profitability and support sales growth.
- Supply Chain tactical planning: weekly inventory reconciliation and vessel planning for EU vessels supply points as well as weekly calls with Egypt and Global Supply Chain to align production, demand and Global supply risk.
- Provide key analyses and reporting for cost of supply and contract negotiations, maintaining vessel KPI’s.
- Ensure that supply activities in Europe meet the Responsible Care guidelines.
- Under guidance from Responsible Care Manager, assist in performing port/terminal assessments, offtake and swap partner locations in line with global requirements.
- Degree in Economics, Supply Chain, Transport and/or Logistics Management
- Minimum 5 years experience in national and international supply chain operations (experience in ocean shipping of processed chemicals/oil is a huge asset)
- Languages: Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset
- Strong command of Excel required, knowledge of Power BI is an asset
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent team working skills
- Understanding of product, processes, customers, competition and commercial awareness
- Analytical mind and strong problem-solving skills (able to quickly analyze cost optimal supply strategy)
- Strong negotiation & contract management skills – commercial and cost focus
- Capable to manage stress
- Proactivity, agility, perseverance, resilience and positive attitude
- Organizational and time management skills
- High availability/flexibility
- Good presentation skills (Power point) is an asset
- In possession of a work permit in Belgium
- Our customer offers a multinational environment in a small and dynamic team: quick, result driven and caring. There is a real opportunity for each individual to have a big impact on the company results!
- Our customer offers a competitive salary & benefits package.
- Company culture enables people to work together across functions, disciplines and regions towards a shared vision and a “One Team” culture
- Joining a dynamic company and being part of a global and international team while at the same time in a human-sized company.