The Operations Director will be responsible for organizing and leading the Supply Chain & Logistics, Customer Service, Procurement and Responsible Care/ISO activities of the European regional business unit (Oil & Gas). This position is member of the Leadership Team of Europe, which is responsible for leading the strategic direction of the European business unit and will also be a member of the Global Supply Chain Team and the Global Purchasing Team.
The function seeks to provide strategic influence and direction to the business while ensuring operational excellence within the department. On top of the overseeing 4 departments, the Operations Director will ensure close work with Sales and Marketing Team to identify new Customer opportunities and maximize netbacks from current Customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing Logistics, Supply Chain and Customer Service strategy for the European region
- Providing strategic influence and direction to the business while ensuring operational excellence within the department
- Managing Supply Chain & Logistics, Procurement, Customer Service and Responsible Care staff for Europe.
- Ensuring that operations achieve Responsible Care and ISO certification.
- Managing the annual logistics budget and assume commercial responsibility for storage terminal agreements and barge/rail/truck/ pipeline transportation
- Responsible for the development of strategies and execution of the tactical plan for spot purchasing, off-takes and local swaps within the European region.
- Accomplish Customer Service & Logistics results by preparing annual objectives, soliciting feedback on performance, maintaining communications, understanding expectations, identifying improvement opportunities and following systems, policies, procedures and performance standards
- University degree in Engineering, Marketing,Transportation, Logistics or Supply Chain management
- Minimum 15 years of experience in international operations / business / logistics management
- Fluent in English (other languages are an asset)
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of oil&gas attributes, Responsible Care and HSEQ are considered as an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and ability to make decisions with uncertain data
- Analytical mind combined with problem solving skills
- Ready to travel within Europe to conferences, terminals, customers visits, other offices and the headquarter (Vancouver)
- a multinational environment in a small and dynamic team: quick, result driven and caring. There is a real opportunity for each individual to have a big impact on the company results!
- a competitive salary & benefits package, including a company car
- sponsor to foreigners to come in Belgium
- Our culture enables people to work together across functions, disciplines and regions towards a shared vision and a “One Team” culture
- Joining a dynamic company and being part of a great team